Thursday, April 8, 2010

Childhood Dream


It was Year 2003 when I saw Royal Enfield Thunderbird for the first time in Nagpur in front of Maitreyee CCD . It was black with the usual Enfield sound and in front of me was the first Indian Cruise bike. I was standing with my father n at a glance I said him ,"Dad this is the bike I want".Since then it was my DREAMBIKE.Though my friends used to fight on Karizma n Pulsar I always stood behind my dreambike.
Ater that it took almost 6 years n the day arrived , it was 25th November 2009, I had a call from Raisoni motors(which shut down weeks after ) to collect the bike.Till that date I never sat on a Enfield. It was not the same which I saw years before, though the looks were same the engine was new, light weight aluminium alloy make 346cc twinspark engine with more mileage than early engines but a lesser sound emission. It was around 8 pm there were 2 brand new black Thunderbirds standing in front of the showroom n I was asked to choose one.The bikes were shining inn the yellow streetlights its huge rocket silencer was reflecting the headlights of the passing vehicles . After choosing one I sat on the beast n pushed the autostart switch and experienced a rush of power ,strength and pride.That moment I realised why people riding Royal Enfield have a typical egoistic look, and soon I was one of them.That attitude comes automatically when u ride a Royal Enfield make bike.You can feel the bike's firing and enjoy it resonation with the ride. While cruising I always experience Metallica playing Heavy riffs.

Its like Dream come true riding my DREAMBIKE.

1 comment: